FacebookTwitterInstagramGoogle Plus

City of Crystal River
I want to...

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is City Hall located?
Crystal River City Hall is located at 123 NW Highway 19.  It is approximately 1 1/2 blocks north of Citrus Avenue (SR495) and approximately 1/2 mile north of SR 44.  The telephone number is 352-795-4216.

When is City Hall open?
City Hall is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, except for federal holidays and weather emergencies.

Who is the Mayor?
The Mayor is Joe Meek. He was elected to office in 2018.  

Who is the City Manager?
Ken Frink is the City Manager.  The City Manager serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the City and is charged with overseeing the daily operations of the City in accordance with policies determined by City Council, the City Charter and applicable laws.

Where do I apply for an Business Tax Receipt?
Any person or company operating a business in the City of Crystal River is required to obtain an occupational license before they may conduct business in the City.  Occupational licenses may be obtained at City Hall in the Community Services Department.  Occupational licenses are valid from October 1st through September 30th and must be renewed yearly.

How do I apply for a building permit or commercial development?
Applications for building permits are obtained at City Hall in the Development Services Department or click City Forms.  The Building Official reviews the applications and issues a building permit for most residential applications.  Commercial developments are more complex and may require review by the Planning Commission to proceed.

When is basic garbage collection?
Basic garbage collection service is two times weekly.  Collection days are as follows: 
East of US 19-Tuesday & Friday
West of US 19-Monday & Thursday

When is recycling picked up?
Residential recycling is collected once a week city-wide on Wednesday. Please place all recyclable materials inside your supplied bin and place the bin curbside by 7 AM.

To obtain a recycling cart please call the Public Works Department at 795-4216 ext. 314

When is basic yard waste collected?
Basic yard waste collection occurs every Wednesday City-wide.  Please make sure that all yard waste materials, particularly leaves, are secured in a container (bag or box).  LOOSE LEAVES WILL NOT BE COLLECTED. 
If you have questions please call 795-4216 ext. 314.


Do I need to travel to Inverness to transact Clerk of Court business?
You can contact the Clerk of the Court by the following methods: 

Phone 352-341-6424


110 N Apopka Ave, #101, Inverness, FL 34450

How will I know if a weather related emergency has been declared?
In the event of hazardous weather, the Citrus County Emergency Management Division will activate warning sirens. For information go to the Sheriff's Office Web Site

How do I regain access to the City after a mandatory evacuation?
Re-entry passes are available at the Tax Collector's Office located at 1540 N. Meadowcrest Blvd. in Crystal River and the Crystal River Community Resource Office located behind City Hall on the north side of the building.  Photo identification with an address within the affected area is required in order to obtain the pass.  It is a good idea to keep the re-entry pass in your glove compartment until needed, and then hang it on the rear view mirror of your vehicle during re-entry.

Where can I find information about voting and elections?
Voting,election and precinct information is available at the Supervisor of Elections website.

Who should I contact to report a nuisance alligator?
Please call the Nuisance Alligator Hotline - 1-866-392-4286

City Logo

City of Crystal River

123 NW HWY 19, Crystal River, FL 34428

Ph: (352) 795-4216

Contact Us